Monday, February 10, 2014

What's in my diaper bag.

I can't resist this post.
Especially when it's 11pm at night and I'm waiting for the clothes in the dryer to be ready.
(Some days I think I'm a bad momma. I MACHINE WASH my baby's clothes as put them in the dryer to dry. No sun at all..)

So what's in my diaper bag? 

I don't have a diaper bag, per se. 
I ogled over some from Coach before I got married. Then I have a baby and I go all cheapskate.

My large tote bags have been converted to my diaper bag.


My trusty Longchamp.
And the Kate Spade the husband got from his work trip, which I complained made me look old.

Dumex sent a package during my pregnancy and along with sample milk powder for pregnant mums came this what I thought was a bag organiser.
I was wrong.
It's a DIAPER bag organiser.


Many little compartments.

I put all the essentials like swaddles, milk bottles, milk powder dispenser, and the binky (oh don't ever forget the binky) in it.

Wait. 
I wrote a list.
And stuck it to the wall just above the bags so that I can have a quick check before I leave the house.


There.

This is what it looks like when all things are in place.


I have the bibs and hankies in one ziplock bag. And an extra set of clothes in another. Ziplock bags act like vacuum nags so it flattens stuff and creates space. Amazing.

The hot water bottle is oh-so-important, said my friend.

It is. 
I use it to wash the pacifier more than I use it to make milk.

And I'm too cheapo to get a pacifier clip so I 'sewed' myself one. (With terrible seeing skills of course.) 


I don't use it to secure it to baby so that it doesn't drop. I use it so that I can locate the pacifier quickly. Like within a millisecond or something.


This diaper change kit from Munchkin is a freebie I got when I purchased the cot. Extremely useful to hold the clean diapers and wet wipes.
Love that it functions as a diaper changing mat too.


If I'm lucky and have space in my bag, this goes right in.

Otherwise, this goes under the stroller together with the Beco Gemini carrier which has served me well thus far.

I keep my wristlet, iPhone and card holder in a separate pouch. This pouch works well. I can even keep my coins in a separate compartment for easy access.


So, there you go.
That's what's in my not-so-diaper-bag diaper bag.

And my clothes are still not ready! 




No comments:

Post a Comment